HIGH STAKES TESTS are tests with important consequences for the test-taker. Individuals with medical conditions or disabilities that impact performance may be entitled to testing accommodations so that test performance more accurately reflects their abilities, rather than disabilities or illnesses.
Diagnosis alone is NOT sufficient, however, and documentation of functional impairment in bright, high-achieving students can be particularly challenging.
Clinical Services provided include:
- Comprehensive neuropsychological / psychoeducational / psychological evaluations
- Review of records and consultation regarding accommodations-related needs
- Preparation of appeals documents
- Consultations with related healthcare providers regarding their own evaluations or documentation
- Liaison with testing agencies on test-takers’ behalf
Dr. Shapiro is also available to work directly with testing agencies providing:
- Independent review of accommodations applications for testing agencies
- Development of agency, disability/diagnosis-specific, and test-specific documentation policies and procedures
- Development of agency review procedures
For additional information regarding my policies and fees for local and remote consultations, including document review, please see my Clinical Services Agreement