- Accommodations for high-stakes testing
- Anxiety and mood disorders
- Attention disorders (ADHD)
- Behavior disorders
- Childhood cancers and leukemia, and their late effects
- Genetic and metabolic disorders
- High functioning Asperger’s / ASD
- Intellectual disabilities
- Mild, moderate and severe Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Neurocognitive complications due to prematurity and low-birthweight
- Reading disorders and other learning disabilities
- Sports-related concussions
Neuropsychological evaluations address skills within broad domains of functioning – including language, memory, attention, visual/perceptual, visual-motor, social-emotional and behavioral, and executive functioning – that can affect learning and performance.
Comprehensive evaluation also includes assessment of environmental and contextual factors (such as educational setting) that can impact functioning. Evaluations can confirm diagnoses, facilitate educational or treatment planning, and provide updated measures of functioning in order to determine intervention effectiveness or to help understand changes in functioning.
Test batteries are individualized and tailored to the individual’s presenting concerns. Dr. Shapiro administers all testing herself and does not use trainees or students.
For acute injuries such as sports-related concussions, or to address more focused and narrow questions regarding changes in functioning with more chronic conditions, more abbreviated batteries are provided, typically within one brief appointment.
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- General Clinical Services Agreement
- Additional Information for Comprehensive Evaluations
- Comprehensive Child and Adolescent Intake Questionnaire
- Comprehensive Adult Intake Questionnaire
- Form for Release / Exchange of Confidential Information
- Checklist of Requested Forms and Records for Comprehensive Evaluations
**Note that the Intake Questionnaires are fillable PDF forms – save them to your hard drive, complete online, and return to me by email, or bring a printed copy to the first appointment. You will need an up-to-date version of the Adobe Acrobat reader.